Need to connect our sync to a new QuickBooks company? It’s nice and easy, following the steps below. This normally is necessary if you are:
- Using a staging/test QuickBooks company to test our sync
- Need to switch to a new/different QuickBooks company
Remove the current connection
Open your currently connected QuickBooks Company, then open the QuickBooks Web Connector and click Remove to the far right of our application.
Once removed, close your QuickBooks Company.
Connect to the new QuickBooks company
- Ensure QuickBooks Desktop is open with the company you intend to connect to.
- In MyWorks Sync > Connection in your WordPress Admin, click the Generate QWC file button on the bottom left.
- Double click the resulting downloaded file to open it in the Web Connector and finalize connecting to your new QuickBooks Company.
Refresh data and configure settings (if needed)
Is the new QuickBooks company you’re connecting to a duplicate/copy of the old QuickBooks company file? If so, no need to refresh your data or change/set your Settings & Mappings – this data will be retained and applicable with the new QuickBooks company.
However, if your new QuickBooks company is not a copy/duplicate of your old QuickBooks company file, you will need to follow our Setup Steps again to refresh data and correctly update your settings to work with your new QuickBooks company.