Because our integration connects QuickBooks Desktop directly with your website, there are a few minor steps involved in moving sites or domain names, most commonly in the below scenarios:
- Moving from a dev/staging site to a live site
- Changing the domain name of your live WooCommerce site
Simply follow the steps below to ensure the move to your new domain name is seamless and error-free!
Refresh your License Key
Log into your MyWorks account and visit your license page. Next to the Domain, click the Change Site button to open your license up to be activated on a new domain.
Then, log into your new (target) WordPress Admin, visit MyWorks Sync > Connection and enter/save your license key.
Re-Connect QuickBooks to the new site
Once our sync is licensed on your new site it’s time to set the QuickBooks Web Connector to connect to the new site.
- Ensure QuickBooks POS is open, with Multi-User mode enabled, and you’re logged in as an admin.
- Open your QuickBooks Web Connector, and remove our current application using the Remove button on the far right.
- In MyWorks Sync > Connection, click the Generate QWC file button on the bottom left.
- Double click the resulting downloaded file to open it in the Web Connector and finalize connecting to your QuickBooks Company.