Congrats on taking the first step to automatically sync your WooCommerce store with QuickBooks Online! This doc will take you through the easy steps of setting up your sync for the first time and help you get started.
1. Activate Plugin
First, make sure you’ve installed and activated our plugin for WooCommerce Sync for QuickBooks Online. If you haven’t installed it yet, it’s easy to find in Plugins > Add New in your store – by searching for “QuickBooks” or “MyWorks”. (Or, you can download the .zip file from within your account with us.
2. Connect to QuickBooks
Once activated, visit MyWorks Sync > Connection and enter your license key. This can be found within your account with us, as well as your welcome email.
- In Step 2, click Connect to visit your account with us and connect to QuickBooks.
- Inside your account, click the Connect button to connect to your QuickBooks Online company.
- Log into your QuickBooks account and click Authorize to finish connecting your site!
- Once connected, you’ll see your access token in your account. Copy it back into MyWorks Sync > Connection on your site to finalize the connection.
3. Set Default Settings
Now that you’re connected to QuickBooks Online, it’s time to review your settings! Some settings will be automatically set for you, and you can read more in our documentation about configuring your default settings here.
4. Map existing data
Now that your settings are confirmed, the last step is to map any existing customers, products, and payment methods! For your customers and products, you just need to map any that exist in both WooCommerce and QuickBooks. For more information on mapping data, read our Mapping Documentation Page.
Now you’re ready to sync!
- Don’t forget to keep an eye on your logs in MyWorks Sync > Logs to see the syncing activity that takes place. For more information about the Logs, go to our Logging Documentation Page.
- Take a moment to familiarize yourself with how we sync to and from QuickBooks Online! To learn more about how syncing works with the WooCommerce Sync for QuickBooks Online, check out our ‘How does syncing work?’ documentation page.