Congratulations – now that you’ve installed the WooCommerce Sync for QuickBooks Online, you can move on to activate and configure it! If you haven’t installed it, please visit the Installation
Connect to QuickBooks Online
- Go to the MyWorks Dashboard > Connection
- Enter your license key (found in email/ MyWorks Client Area)
- Fill out ‘Connection Number’ – The number of the store you are connecting – leave it on 1 as default if this is your only woocommerce store you’re connecting. Otherwise adjust the connection number so each store is using a unique connection.
- Scroll down to log in to your MyWorks Design Client Account (This is the same login you use to log into your account with us at https://myworks.design/account).
- Click to connect to QuickBooks.
- Log in to your QuickBooks account.
- Authorize your plugin to connect to your QuickBooks Online company.
- Click Refresh and you should see the Access Token filled out.
- Press Save.
- Click ‘Reload’.
Refresh Background Data
Congratulations – now that you’re connected to QuickBooks Online, there’s a few more steps before you can start syncing!
First, we need to pull some data in from QuickBooks Online to our plugin for you to use to map settings and customers. Don’t worry, this isn’t going to sync or create anything, we’re just refreshing background data.
- Go to MyWorks Sync > Dashboard
- Click the Refresh Background Data button
Set Default Plugin Settings
Now that you’re fully connected to QuickBooks Online and have pulled in the initial data into your plugin settings, it’s time to review your settings! The video below will assist you in showing how to set your default settings, and don’t forget to check our documentation about configuring your default settings here.
Map Initial Data
Now that your settings are confirmed, the last step is to map your customers, products, payment gateways, discount codes and tax rules! For more information on mapping data, read our Mapping Documentation Page.
Check Your Logs
You’re ready to sync! Don’t forget to keep an eye on your logs in MyWorks Sync > Logs to see the syncing activity that takes place. For more information about the Logs, go to our Logging Documentation Page.
Review Syncing Methods
Now that you’re up and syncing, take a moment to familiarize yourself with how our plugin syncs data to and from QuickBooks Online! To learn more about how syncing works with the WooCommerce Sync for QuickBooks Online, check out our ‘How does syncing work with our plugin?’ documentation page.