In the course of supporting thousands of our users with their WooCommerce stores, and integrating those stores with QuickBooks, we’ve come across quite a few hosting companies, and while some are better than others (and some have made our favorites list – see below), no web host comes close to presenting the amount of issues for our users than GoDaddy.
It should be difficult to single out a specific provider as such a problematic host to WooCommerce stores, but the amount of issues/conflicts we’ve seen on our user’s stores hosted on GoDaddy is comparable to no other host. These include:
- Failures to have the wp-cron system properly set, or consistently running
- Very poor admin and front-end load times/performance (regardless of our sync being installed)
- Poor resource allocation (low memory limits and available CPU resources)
- Timing out database connections (critical when dealing with/syncing larger amounts of data)
- Poor support times and quality of support
- And the list goes on….
In order to maintain a performing and professional WooCommerce site – regardless of whether you use our sync or not, we recommend you use any other host than GoDaddy. Below is a list of outstanding WooCommerce-optimized hosts with whom we’ve seen many of our users have great success: