In the course of supporting thousands of our users with their WooCommerce stores, and integrating those stores with QuickBooks, we’ve come across quite a few hosting companies, and while some are better than others, no web host comes close to presenting the amount of issues for our users than GoDaddy.
Although it’s difficult to single out a specific provider as such a problematic host to WooCommerce stores, the amount of issues/conflicts we’ve seen on our user’s stores hosted on GoDaddy is comparable to no other host. These include:
- Failures to have the wp-cron system properly set, or consistently running
- Very poor admin and front-end load times/performance (regardless of our sync being installed)
- Poor resource allocation (low memory limits and available CPU resources)
- Timing out database connections (critical when dealing with/syncing larger amounts of data)
- Poor support times and quality of support
- And the list goes on….
In order to maintain a performing and professional WooCommerce site – regardless of whether you use our sync or not, we recommend you use any other host than GoDaddy. Below is a list of outstanding WooCommerce-optimized hosts with whom we’ve seen many of our users have great success: