Are you getting the below error message when attempting to run the Web Connector?
Message: “QBWC1013: Error connecting to QuickBooks” or “Application requested to abort”
This typically means that the Web Connector is having problems correctly connecting to your QuickBooks company file. Follow the below steps to get a better description of the issue first:
- In the Web Connector, click More Information to see the additional details for the error.
- In the Web Connector, click View Log to see a detailed activity log, which can also be sent to our support.
Steps to Resolve
Based on the detailed error above, the below issues may be occurring.
- Could not start QuickBooks.
- This means that your QuickBooks company file is either not open, or the correct path is not set in MyWorks Sync > Connection, if you wish to sync with your QuickBooks company file closed.
- This application is not allowed to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically. The QuickBooks administrator can grant permission for an automatic login through the Integrated Application preferences.
- This means that an administrator needs to visit QuickBooks > Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications, click on Properties next to our sync, and ensure it’s set to allow login automatically.
- Recent changes to your configuration require you (the QuickBooks Administrator) to go into the Integrated Applications preferences and re-authorize your integrated application to log in automatically.
- Follow the steps above to visit QuickBooks > Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications, click on Properties next to our sync, and ensure it’s set to allow login automatically. This can happen after a QuickBooks version upgrade.