Keep getting one of these error when pushing orders to QuickBooks Desktop?
Error:There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks InvoiceLineItem SalesTaxCode “” in the Invoice line.
Error:There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks InvoiceLineItem SalesTaxCode “10000-1162485497” in the Invoice line. QuickBooks error message: You can’t set taxable if Sales tax is turned off or the item is not a taxable item type.
- A valid tax code is not set in MyWorks Sync > Settings > Taxes, or,
- Sales Tax is not correctly enabled in QuickBooks.
Ensure that Sales Tax is correctly set up in QuickBooks.
- Visit Edit > Preferences in QuickBooks, then click on the Sales Tax sidebar. Ensure sales tax is turned on, and a default Sales Tax Item is set.
- View/Edit the affected products in the order in QuickBooks to ensure they are set to Taxable.
Once the above is confirmed, there are two areas in our sync where you should confirm taxes are correctly set:
- MyWorks Sync > Settings > Taxes. Ensure you have a valid taxable, shipping tax and 0% rate set here. These may not be blank.
- MyWorks Sync > Map > Taxes. Ensure that all of your tax rates in use in WooCommerce are mapped to a valid/appropriate Sales Tax Item in QuickBooks Desktop.