Now that you have an active plan of our WooCommerce Sync for QuickBooks Desktop, the first step in setup is to install our helper plugin and connect it to your QuickBooks Desktop company!
- Note: Ensure you’ve checked our Requirements before you install – before getting started below.
- Don’t forget to check out our Setup Video that walks you through each of these steps as well!
In your WordPress Admin
- Download the latest version of our sync from your account with us.
- Log into your WordPress Admin, go to Plugins > Add New, and click Upload Plugin.
- Select the .zip file you downloaded from your account with us, and choose Install Plugin.
- On the following screen, click Activate.
- Congratulations! Our sync is now installed. You will see a new tab on your WordPress sidebar – called MyWorks Sync.
- Visit MyWorks Sync > Connection in your WordPress admin.
- Enter in your license key (can be found in your confirmation email from us, or the download page in your account with us).
- Click Save and Generate QWC file on the lower left of the page. You may leave the randomly generated username and password in place on this page – you’ll need the password in the next step.
- This file will be downloaded to your Downloads folder.
On your Windows Computer > Web Connector
- Open the QuickBooks Web Connector. This can be done by going to File > Update Web Services in QuickBooks – or by searching for “Web Connector” in your Windows Start Menu.
- Open the QuickBooks Company file you’re connecting to, and log in as an administrator. Normally it’s fine if you’re in Multi-User Mode unless QuickBooks returns an error during the steps below.
- Click Add Application, and select the QWC file you downloaded earlier.
- Click OK on the security popup, then Continue on the window below, after selecting the 4th radio option to confirm connection to Quickbooks.
Once added, the Web Connector will look like the below. Ensure the password saved in that field is the same one generated earlier in MyWorks Sync > Connection.
Congratulations – you have completed setup. QuickBooks Web Connector is now connected to our sync on your WooCommerce site. At this point, you may move on to our general usage documentation – to proceed with setup. The next steps before syncing are refreshing your data and configuring your settings and mappings.