Normally, we recommend that when syncing with MyWorks, the QuickBooks company you’re syncing with be open, and the QuickBooks Web Connector be open as well.
There are a few advanced scenarios where you can sync with multiple QuickBooks companies, or sync with your QuickBooks company even if it’s closed.
There are a few requirements enforced by the Web Connector:
- You cannot run the Web Connector while more than one QuickBooks company is open. (QuickBooks Enterprise)
- If a QuickBooks company is open, and you’re running the Web Connector, the company that is open must be the one that was originally connected to when setting up our sync. A different QuickBooks company cannot be open.
If the above requirements are not followed, running the web connector will result in an error.
Syncing with QuickBooks while closed
It is possible to sync with QuickBooks while the entire QuickBooks application (and company) is closed – with only the Web Connector open.
In order to do so, simply enter your full QuickBooks company file’s path in the appropriate setting in MyWorks Sync > Connection. Once entered, only the Web Connector needs to be open when syncing with QuickBooks.
Syncing with multiple QuickBooks companies
It is also possible to sync with multiple QuickBooks companies using the web connector. Usually this applies to the following scenarios:
- You have two (or more) QuickBooks companies, and you’re syncing one of them with our sync.
- You have two (or more) QuickBooks companies, and each is connected to their own WooCommerce site using our sync.
In the above cases, it is possible to sync to both with the Web Connector, but the following requirements must be followed.
- If you have a QuickBooks company file open, and you’re running the web connector, the company file currently open must be the one originally connected to our sync. AKA, you cannot have one company file open, and attempt to sync to a different company file.
- You cannot sync to a QuickBooks company file while multiple companies are open at the same time. This will result in an error.
- If you are syncing to multiple QuickBooks company files, you may sync to them while QuickBooks is completely closed, by following the below steps.
- Ensure QuickBooks is closed.
- In the Web Connector, select one of the applications and click Update Selected. Let the progress bar complete.
- In the Web Connector, select a different one of the applications and click Update Selected. Let the progress bar complete.
- By following the above instructions, you can sync with multiple companies, one at a time, using the web connector – while QuickBooks is closed.