- Backup your WHMCS files & database as well as your QuickBooks Online Data. This module has been fully tested but nothing is more important than the safety of your data!
- Ensure your system requirements meet the needs of our module: PHP 5.3+, mysqli, mcrypt and oauth. You will see module / installation errors if any of those PHP extensions are not installed.
- Upload the contents of the whmcs_root folder to the root of your WHMCS folder. Only the quickbooks_sync folder will be added to your modules/addons folder – no files will be overwritten.
- Go to the Setup -> Addon Modules panel in your admin & activate the MyWorks WHMCS QuickBooks Online Automatic Sync Module.
- Enter your License key, and check the rest of the module configuration options, ensure Sandbox is OFF, and choose the WHMCS admin user with all privileges. Click Save.
- Then go to Addons > MyWorks QuickBooks Sync > Settings > QBO Connection
- Click the button to Connect to Intuit, and login on the popup window that results. Continue to Authorize until the process is finished and you see the green Connected text. You are now connected!
- Go to the Settings & Logs > Cron Setup menu and setup the background data cron – we recommend it’s run once every day – one hour before your WHMCS daily automation actions are set to run (in Setup > Automation Settings). This cron fetches and updates QBO & WHMCS background data – it doesn’t actually sync anything.
- Click the Refresh Data button in the menu bar to run the cron for the first time.
- Visit every item in the Map menu to set all of your mappings to ensure that data is being pushed accurately over to QuickBooks Online. Use the Auto-Map Clients button to auto-match existing WHMCS clients to existing QBO clients – if the names match, they will be matched automatically. All future clients created will be automatically matched.
- Now, go to Setup -> Addon Modules -> WHMCS QuickBooks Online Module > Configure. Choose the default products for product syncing, select any other options you’d like and hit save.
- If you have any issues first getting the module to work, don’t forget to check out the Logs page in our menu bar – it will show you any errors present.
- Setup is now complete! If you wish to manually push over Invoices, Clients, Payments or Products to QBO, you can do this under the Push and Pull menus.
- Check our changelog to familiarize yourself with the new module features and make yourself aware of any special upgrade instructions needed.
- Upload the latest quickbooks_sync folder to replace the one in modules/addons
- Visit your Setup > Addon Modules page.
- Click Configure for the MyWorks WHMCS QuickBooks Automatic Sync module, configure any new options and click Save.
- Go to Addons > MyWorks QuickBooks and manually run the cron.
- Ensure all your mappings are set under the Configure Mappings menu.
- That’s it!
Updated on August 17, 2017