- Ensure your system requirements meet the needs of our module, or you will encounter errors.
- PHP 5.6 – 7.2
- ionCube Loader v10.x
- mysqli and oauth PHP extensions
- Using an FTP client, upload the contents of the whmcs_root folder in your download from us – to the root of your WHMCS folder. This will add the quickbooks_sync folder to your modules/addons folder – no files/folder will be overwritten.
- Go to Setup -> Addon Modules panel in your WHMCS admin & activate the MyWorks WHMCS QuickBooks Online Automatic Sync Module.
- Enter your License key from within your account with us, and check the rest of the module configuration options, ensure Sandbox is OFF, and choose the WHMCS admin user with all privileges. Click Save.
- Then go to Addons > MyWorks QuickBooks Sync > Settings > QuickBooks Connection. Click the button to Connect to QuickBooks, and login to QuickBooks on the popup window that results. Continue to click Authorize until the process is finished and you see the green Connected text.
You are now connected to QuickBooks. Follow the Configuration steps below to continue with setup.
- Click the Refresh Customers & Products button in our module menu bar to let our sync scan your current QuickBooks customers and products. This button is useful if you add a customer or product in QuickBooks, and need to reflect that in our settings or mappings.
- Re-visit Setup -> Addon Modules -> WHMCS QuickBooks Online Module > Configure. Visit the Default section and set the options there. All other settings are optional. Here is an example:
- Visit Addons > MyWorks QuickBooks Sync. Then click on the Map menu to set all of your mappings. This ensures that data is being synced accurately to QuickBooks Online.
- Clients – Map any clients that already exist in both systems. You may use the Auto-Map Clients button to auto-match existing WHMCS clients to existing QBO clients – if the names match, they will be matched automatically. All future clients synced will be automatically mapped.
- Products – Map any products that already exist in both systems. You may push new WHMCS products to QuickBooks later.
- Payment Methods – Map your WHMCS gateways to a bank account in QuickBooks to ensure we’re syncing payments to the correct bank account.
- Taxes – if you’re using taxes, map your WHMCS Tax rates to the corresponding QuickBooks tax rate. Note: if you have Automatic Sales Tax enabled in QuickBooks, this tax menu will not show and can be ignored.
Setup is now complete! Here’s a few tips moving forward:
- Any new WHMCS clients/invoices/payments will be automatically synced to QuickBooks.
- If you encounter any errors syncing, visit the Log menu in our module to see the actual error, which will help you resolve it.
- You can manually push existing WHMCS clients, products, invoices and more by visiting the Push menu in our module.
- We sync invoices into QuickBooks with the same number as it is in WHMCS. Pushing an invoice again to QuickBooks will simply update it if it exists with the same number.
- Check our changelog to familiarize yourself with the new module features and make yourself aware of any special upgrade instructions needed.
- Upload the latest quickbooks_sync folder downloaded from your account with us to replace the one in modules/addons
- Visit your Setup > Addon Modules page.
- Click Configure for the MyWorks WHMCS QuickBooks Automatic Sync module, configure any new options and click Save.
- That’s it!
Updated on October 7, 2018