- Backup your files & database.
- Ensure your system requirements meet the needs of our module, or you will encounter errors.
- PHP 5.5+
- ionCube Loader v10
- In the whmcs_root/templates folder of our module, rename the ‘default’ folder to the name of the active template you’re using.
- Upload the contents of the whmcs_root folder to the root of your WHMCS folder.
- Go to the Admin Setup -> Addon Modules panel & activate the MyWorks PayPal Billing Agreement module.
- Enter License key.
- If you would like this gateway to be the client’s default gateway after they check out with it the first time, check the Automatically set as Default box.
- If your clients use PayPal Subscriptions, and the subscription ID is stored in the subscription field of their product – and you would like that subscription cancelled when they check out with this gateway and create a Billing Agreement, check the AutoCancel PayPal Subscriptions box and fill in the API info for the PayPal account the subscriptions are setup with.
- If you would like your clients to return to a custom URL after they successfully pay, enter a URL in the Custom Return URL box. Otherwise, leave blank.
- If you DO NOT WANT ‘Invoice Created’ emails being sent to your clients when cron automatically creates an invoice, check the Disable Invoice Emails box
- Click Save.
- Go to Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways. The MyWorks PayPal Billing Gateway should already be installed.
- Enter your PayPal API information and specify a custom checkout page if you have one. You can customize and create them in your PayPal Account.
- Set up the cron job by going to Addons > MyWorks Paypal Billing > Cron Setup and following the instructions there. The cron will update e-Check and billing agreement statuses. We recommend it’s run once a day, an hour before your WHMCS cron.
- Ensure your PayPal Account is approved for Reference Transactions. See our documentation for details.
- Upload the latest module files to replace the existing files.
- Visit your Setup > Addon Modules page.
- Click Configure for the MyWorks PayPal Billing Agreements module, configure any new options and click Save.
Updated on May 15, 2020